Some useful tips in group teaching


Lately I have been involved in Tuhina's school to take group sessions in the absence of their special ed teacher for group. It has been a learning experience for me; my days seem a little more worthwhile. Although as a parent I am disappointed with the dearth of staff in the school, but this has given me an opportunity to get exposure in working with children.

This practical experience also made me realize that I need to learn a lot more in creating an learning environment, taking children's attention and planning out the activities. So I began searching the plethora of information on google on teaching special needs children in group setting. Here is a webinar that I liked and benefited from.

http://www.autismtrainingsolutions.com/group-instruction-kids-who-hate-group-instruction-1

I can say that following some of the points from the webinar, i could see increased attention and more success in the students activities in the class today.

I found this website very informative and will check out a few more resources available on it.
http://advancedtrainingsolutions.com/

Apart from all this, just having fun with kids make a lot of difference and in this regard, i have seen that music does wonders with our kids.
Will keep searching for more ideas and tips and try to apply them whenever an opportunity presents itself.

Comments

Popular Posts